Parents of students in Years 1 - 6 will have the opportunity to nominate their child for the ePAL (electronic Portable Anytime Learning) program in which students will have their own privately owned and managed device to support their learning. In Semester Two Prep students will be invited to join the program.
Please see Related Links to the right of this page, to access all the information you need for connecting your child's device to the school network.
The aim of the ePAL (electronic Portable Anytime Learning) program is to create and support teaching and learning in a digital learning environment. It strongly encourages the community school value of Innovation.
Benefits of the Program
- Extremely high levels of student engagement and productivity
- Grearer opportunities to individualise learning and cater for learning styles
- Increased development of problem solving skills and creativity
- Collaborative approach to learning
- Enhanced communication skills
- A connected learning enviroment providing 'real-world' learning through access to a wealth of information and resources.
“BYOxLink" enables students to use their privately owned devices to access learning applications and shared network drives at our school. The benefits of connecting to “BYOxLink" to students are:
- All free apps on the school's suggested app list can be accessed through a single app
- Students will experience less internet connectivity issues at school, allowing for less interruption of learning
- Apps become more reliable and will automatically update
- Student devices will automatically connect to other Department of Education wi-fi networks when you visit for competitions and/or excursions
- Connection is secure and safe.
Please refer to the following documents (links to the right of this page) to support you with enrolling your child into BYOxLink.
- Intune Getting your child's device ready for school (PDF 2MB)(to be used to install Intune, downloading a profile to help connect students to the school Wi-Fi)
- BYOxLink - Parent Fact Sheet (PDF 350KB) (should you wish to know more information about Intune and "BYOxLink").
You can also watch the 'How to install' video by clicking on the link: https://mediasite.eq.edu.au/mediasite/Play/bbe46710d2c24274a0a99cba446a92031d
To complete the process, you will require your child's school username and password, which can be provided by your child's teacher upon request.
If you have any questions or require any further information, please contact our school's elearning team via email: ePal@mangohillss.eq.edu.au.