Physical Education has a significant role at Mango Hill State School. Physical Education and extra-curricular sporting activities can significantly contribute to the social and mental health of students. Physical Education is an area in which Mango Hill students achieve high results and plays a major role in student engagement and their overall confidence at school. At Mango Hill State School, our aim is for...
All students to have an opportunity to regularly participate in quality school physical activities that are well organised, comparable with their ability level, provide them with social interaction opportunities and above all, are FUN.
If you would like to know further information about Physical Education or extra-curricular sporting activities, please read through our Sports Manual (PDF 1918KB). We have provided the list of topics included in the manual below.
- Overview (Prep - Year 6) page 3
- Why play sport? (Prep - Year 6) page 3
- Physical Education Delivery (Prep - Year 6) page 3
- Physical Education Curriculum (Prep - Year 6) page 4
- Interschool Sport (Years 4-6) page 5
- Gala Days (Years 5-6) page 5
- AFL Program (Years 4-6) page 6
- Netball Program (Years 4-6) page 6
- Intra-school Sport (Prep - Year 6) page 7
- Senior Athletics Carnival (Years 3-6) page 7
- Junior Sports Day (Prep - Year 2) page 8
- Cross Country (Prep - Year 6) page 8
- Swimming Carnival (Years 3-6) page 9
- Representative Sport (Students aged 10-12 yrs) page 10
- Pine Rivers District Sporting Trials (Students aged 10-12 yrs) page 10
- Pine Rivers District Sport Trial Process (Students aged 10-12 yrs) page 10
- Pine Rivers District "Big Three" Carnivals (Students aged 10-12 yrs) page 11
- Representative Pathway (Students aged 10-12 yrs) page 11
- Frequently asked questions (Prep - Year 6) page 12